Like an uninvited guest, you never know when mould creeps into your home. It’s just there and you’re left to deal with it. Just like guests, mould can take a lot of time to get removed from your home, but not only does it cost more to get rid of mould in your home can also be extremely detrimental to your health.
Exposure to mould on a long-term basis can negatively impact your health and make a huge impression on the quality of life you enjoy. In many cases, exposure to mould on a longer term basis has been linked to causing various illnesses, diseases and costing you a lot in terms of healthcare and to get it removed.
One of the oddest parts about getting mold in your house is the smell. It is an odd, musty, smell that immediately makes you think of mold and rotting wood or moisture in the wallpaper. The interesting part is that it is hard to mistake it for anything else. Mold does have a distinct smell and based on where it is located, this smell can significantly spread throughout the house.
We don’t give enough credit to our sense of smell. While our noses are definitely not as useful as those of dogs, our sense of smell can play a huge role. From nice scents to bad ones, your nose can give you a lot of messages. For example: When food has gone bad, you can smell it and find out for sure. Rotting food has a smell that is difficult to mistake and similarly, mold has a certain stench that is difficult to mistake for anything else.
Every parent has been through the worry of having children fall sick from time to time. With developing immune systems, it is only natural for a child to take a bit longer to recover from fever or flu but if your child appears to be constantly falling ill, again and again, then there can be a serious problem at hand.
Many parents will tote their children off to the doctor and medicate them but it is best to find the proper cure. In many cases it could be the indoor environment of your home which is triggering the health issues. It is surprising to note that many children are exposed to toxins in their own homes which contribute to their deteriorating health.
Mold is usually associated with rotting food but this little fungus can even sprout up in your very own home. Presence of moisture and rotting wood can provide it with the perfect environment to thrive and grow in. While many people consider mold to be a harmless plant, that is not true at all.
When we think of poor air quality, we often think of the outdoors, polluted by smog, car exhaust and toxic emissions that are the byproduct of industry. Outdoor air pollution is an epidemic that is responsible for millions of deaths worldwide on a yearly basis.